Here is a recipe for a white chocolate tart. Its surprisingly simple to make, you can prepare it in roughly15mins, its the waiting for it to cool/set the requires the patients. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup (70g) caster sugar
In the interest of being lazy, use pre-made frozen short crust base -prepare to instructions on packaging.
- 1.Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Cook, stirring with a metal spoon, for 2-3 minutes
- or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Add the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
2. Whip cream until firm peaks form. Add half to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Add remaining cream and gently fold to combine.
3. Whisk eggwhites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and whisk until mixture is thick and glossy. Add to the chocolate mixture and gently fold until just combined
4.Spoon the chocolate mixture into pastry case and place in the fridge to chill.
TIP: If you fancy incorporating some fruit ie rasperries into the mixture simply mix them through (whole) during step 3, alternatively you could place them on top when the tart has been cooked.