This is great for when your cooking lunch for a group of people, it is full of flavour and not too heavy. It goes very well with a side salad, wedges or even some couscous.
You Will Need
- 1 frozen short crust base
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen leaf spinach and butter sauce (such as Green Giant), thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped drained roasted red peppers (you can buy these pre roasted in a jar)
- 1/2 cupt crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Teaspoon of dried basil
- sun-dried tomatoes - as many as you like
- 2 eggs - whisked gently with fork
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & Pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Unroll dough, and roll into a 12-inch circle. Fit dough into a 9-inch round removable bottom tart pan coated with butter, press dough against sides of pan. Pierce bottom and sides of dough with a fork. Place pan on bottom rack in oven. Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until golden.
- 3. While crust bakes, combine spinach, peppers, and cheese in a bowl. Combine eggs, salt, and pepper in another bowl.
- 4. Remove crust from oven; sprinkle spinach mixture over bottom of crust. Pour egg substitute mixture over spinach mixture. Return tart to oven. Bake 37 additional minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is set.
An easy cheat on this recipe is to substitute the short crust base with a pre-prepared puff pastry base, puff pastry doesn't require pre cooking so you can skip step 1, leave out the egg but place the rest of the ingredients about half a finger length distance in from the edge of the rolled out puff pastry. Add some pesto for extra depth in flavour. Reduce prep time with out compromise on flavour!!