You Will Need
175g / 6oz Self Raising Flour (sieved)
175g / 6oz Sugar
150g / 5oz soft Margarine
Rind of Lemon 150ml / 1/4 pint Milk
- Pre heat oven to 180°C. Grease a 2lb loaf tin, or circular cake tin.
- Put the eggs and sugar into a food processor and process for about a minute.
- Remove the lid and drop spoonfuls of the soft margarine onto the mixture along with the lemon rind and process again until margarine mixes in well.
- Finally, add the flour, milk and salt and give another quick mix in the blender until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Serve with a generous helping of whipped cream!!!