Today I'm going to give ye a really easy to prepare recipe for Vol au Vents, their really tasty and couldn't be easier to make, they are great if you just want to make something quick and easy for dinner and their a great idea if your making dinner for a big group of people.
As this is the lazy chef, we are going to take the east way out and but those froze vol au vent cases, they are available in most shops so you wont even have to go to the supermarket to pick them up.
You will need
- Frozen Vol au Vent Cases
- A glass of milk (for brushing the frozen cases, this will give them a lovely golden glow when they come out of the oven)
- 1 Packet of rashers.
- Half an onion
- 5 Mushrooms
- 5 Tablespoons of Philadelphia (low fat or full fat, Your choice)
- Pre heat the oven to 200 Degrees.
- Remove as many of the Vol Au Vent cases you need.
- Brush or dip the top of the cases with milk.
- Place in the oven for 15 mins.
While they are cooking, make your filling.
- Chop the onions mushrooms and rashers.
- Place all the chopper ingredients in an oiled frying pan.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes until the rashers are cooked and the onions and mushrooms have softened.
- Add the Philadelphia and stir until melted and fully combined with the other ingredients
- Season to taste
- Remove the cases from the oven and spoon the contents of the frying pan into the hollow spaces of the vol au vent cases
Hey Presto, Dinner Time.